Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013

Sherman III DV

Good Morning!

Here is a project I started severel weeks ago and is published in the actual Scale Military Modeller International. Its the new Dragon #6573 Sherman III DV in 1:35.

I decided to build the whole tank direct from the box without adding or changing any parts. In the forehand I already heard of various things, that aren’t correct on it. Missing holes on the boogies, wrong positioned weld-lines (some are even missing completely), missing joint on the 3-part gearbox, missing bolting’s between the gearbox and the hull, and much more, to only name some.

I ignored most of it and started building it straight from the manual. I only added the 4 drill holes on the boogies. Everything went like an typical Dragon kit. Everything fits where it should. I only had some troubles with fixing the fenders on the front hull. The only thing I added was the chain in front of the vehicle.
Its painted with Tamiya Acrylics, AK Interactive Stuff and Pigments from my local Arts Dealer.

Have fun with the pictures!

See you on the next update. But this could take some days - Right now I´m moving into a new house.

Freitag, 22. November 2013

Frühlingserwachen - Final pictures

Hello fellow readers!

Its finaly done - i´m proud to be able to present to you the final pictures of my latest projekt.
This is now seventh diorama at all - and this time i went into the forest theme.

The whole scenery is located in april 1945 - in the last days of war. Scattered units of the sPzAbt 3/510 are gathering for the last defence in the harzer forest. The crew of the Panzer VI Tiger II Ausf. B and the SdKfz 251/22 Ausf. D Pakwagen discuss the situation and the next steps.

What kind of kits did i use?

-Dragon 6232 Kingtiger Late Production - changed to "Last production"
-Friul ATL-42 Transporttracks-Aber Jagdtiger Etchparts-Dragon 6248 SdKfz 251/22 Pakwagen -The figures were included with the Kingtiger and some were made with various parts from my stash-Crates and Stuff are also from my stash.

The Kingtiger have been modified to represent a last production kind of type - its almost historical correct. I decided to give a "otcopus-camouflage" style. The 251 is directly out of the box, only some minor parts have been editted. I also tried to create an late-war stripe color. 
Everything have been painted and weathered with Tamiya & AK-Interaktive.

The diorama is 100% scratch, only made from styrofoam, Molto woodfiller, various strips of wood and branches of Asparagus Setaceus. Oh yeah, and of course a lot of paint & pigments ;-)

It took me around 4 months and 300 +/- workhours.

I hope you like the pictures. I´m honestly thank you for visiting this blog. Feel free to leave a comment. Have fun with the pictures! See you on the next project!

Dienstag, 19. November 2013

PzKpfw VI Tiger Ausf B. Last Production

Hello fellow readers!

This is part two of three updates. This time featuring my latest Kingtiger in 1:35. Its the old Dragon #6232 which i modded into a "last of its kind" Tiger II. I had a lot of reference pictures and books to work it out - but i think it turned out pretty good for my first tiger ;-)

I also spend him a set of Friul ATL-42 and etched parts from ABER. Its painted with Tamiya Acyrlics and weathered with AK-Interaktive.

Keep up for part three - the final diorama. It will be released in a few days!